UPDATE 12.9.19 – This position has been filled.
Business Manager – Part-time ~20hrs/wk
We are looking for a high-energy, mature self-starter who can serve as our Business Manager. We seek an individual with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills to ensure a smooth operation in the delivery of our mission. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Manager will oversee all administrative office functions as well as financial responsibilities and board communications and recordkeeping.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize and maintain an efficient and secure office environment
- Answer and route incoming inquiries, over the phone, in person or via email
- Maintain organization and employee records through physical and online filing systems
- Maintain and support employee employment records
- Maintain and support client records
- Onboard summer employees and ensure proper documentation
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and processes as needed.
- Maintain and support telecommunications and desktop technologies
- Order and maintain office supplies
Financial and Risk Management
- Maintain financial books and records using QuickBooks Online
- Process incoming payments from partners and make bank deposits
- Manage timely bill payment
- Day-to-day internal bookkeeping and interface with Bookkeeper and Accountant as necessary
- Work with accountant on annual tax filings and audits
- Bank account reconciliation and interface with banks as needed
- Maintain insurance policies and relationships with agents and providers
- Payroll processing
- Work with Board Member Treasurer and Monthly financial reporting
- Assist Executive Director with annual budget preparation
Board Engagement and Support
- Attend monthly board meetings and record minutes
- Maintain files of board members and their respective support documentation
- Execute monthly communication to board members in advance of board meetings to include agenda, financial reports and other documents as necessary
- Follow up on key action items from board meetings to ensure execution
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree with a focus on business administration preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a business management and/or office management role.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment – knowledge of Apple systems preferred
- Knowledge with QuickBooks Online strongly preferred
- Professional appearance and courteous manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong project and time management skills.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com